Guelph Municipal Holdings Inc. is an adaptive, agile and creative corporation that manages selected City of Guelph assets to support municipal innovation, generate revenue and jobs, and strengthen community prosperity. The company's present portfolio consists of Guelph Hydro Electric Systems Inc., Envida Community Energy Inc. and Guelph Municipal Development Corporation.
Owned by the City of Guelph, Guelph Municipal Holdings Inc. actively seeks out partnerships, investments and acquisitions that will add value, improve service, and support effective and forward-thinking city building. While the focus to date has been on energy-related corporations supporting the Guelph Community Energy Initiative, Guelph Municipal Holdings Inc. is currently investigating rail services, land development and other strategic interests.
For more information, view the Guelph Municipal Holdings Inc. 2015 Annual Report
Newsroom - Guelph Municipal Holdings Inc. and SubsidiariesView all news items for Guelph Municipal Holdings Inc.
Envida Community Energy Inc. develops and operates sustainable energy projects (solar, district energy, bioenergy) to:
- Further the goals of the City of Guelph's internationally renowned Community Energy Initiative
- Help reduce greenhouse gases
- Help reduce the community's carbon footprint
Areas of focus include:
Guelph Hydro Electric Systems Inc.:
- Distributes electricity, safely and reliably to more than 53,000 customers in Guelph and Rockwood
- Actively promotes energy conservation programs to
customers in an effort to help create a culture of energy conservation in Ontario
- Connects solar and renewable energy sources to the Ontario grid
Go to the Guelph Hydro Electric Systems Inc. website to access the following services: